Monday, August 7, 2017

The *Queen* of Wishful Thinking

This song compliments of Go West & the Pretty Woman soundtrack. delightfully outdated still has lyrics that hold up and perfectly describe my mood lately. 

King of Wishful Thinking
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDEh2VjhUz

I try not to get stuck in what "might've been" but its been difficult lately.  When you make "plans" with someone then life gets in the way. Or fate steps in for a detour. or displays the reality of a situation. You go from wistfully smiling to a disappointed frown.

You think back to the potential that someone had, and "future trip" to all the places you said you'd go together.

I'm hopeful that someone is out there.. and I know that each "missed connection" and relationship has ended with good reason. I have (a little bit) of faith in some divine Order.  I take responsibility and i'm happy with my choices. And I worry about others and hope their path turns from a bumpy winding road to a happy one.

easily just as dreamy by myself.. among the stacks of books smiling from inside out. I get lost there and hours go by as if its no time at all.  A stranger or a tiny human asks me about books and it makes my day.  I love seeing other people share my enthusiasm. 

Maybe there's a way to make it a full time job? One of the women has a Masters in Literacy. I didn't even know that was a thing, but it sounds exciting.  A few things need to be aligned before I can consider this.


 I never realized how much I loved books and reading/writing until recently. It was just always there, and I've had more time to immerse myself and read more often. Most of my favorite books are bios and humor, and from a single person's perspective. (women). Reading about the human condition has always fascinated me.   Psychology of it. the fantastically flawed, the articulation and brilliance. The humor in all situations. The choices people make.  In books you are transported from your everyday life to that of a chef, a dancer, a philosopher, a detective... I love the escapism of it all.

I dream about my next place having a library/reading room with some comfy deep chairs with arms and a fireplace.  That's where all of my important discussions would take place.





No comments:

Post a Comment