Monday, September 25, 2017

"Too Much"





Next up on the reading list:











You probably won't believe this, but I've been accused of being "too much". "Angry" first and foremost, but while I am often times admired for my total "lack of BS" I also catch shit for what I view as telling the truth about people, and calling them out when they are fake and inconsiderate and selfish. These same people that don't appreciate my truth-telling ways are the same people that call me angry. But these people only want to hear the rosy colored version of things, and that's not the way of the world. Not to mention they believe its poor manners to see any version of a person that's not 100% perfect. I believe its patronizing to simply tell people what they want to hear. How does anyone grow if that's all that they're told?

I feel like you should recognize and celebrate those imperfections as long as they aren't hurting anyone. and if they are. You should call them out so they can adjust behavior to be more inclusive and considerate, or otherwise known as "get your head out of your ass".

My two biggest pet peeves: Bad Manners, and Liars.  I am a Gemini after all.

UPDATE: 3 stars for this book. I have a new respect for Nicki Minaj and Serena Williams even though I'm not a huge fan of rap or tennis. but the main point of ALL of the chapters in the book is these women are admirable because they have the audacity to "control their own narrative" and exceed  & defy the public/media's expectations of them.

I had to subtract 2 stars because I felt like the subjects were not as diverse ie. with the exception of Williams and Minaj the rest of the examples were ALL white women of privilage, and I feel the book would've been better served and more credible if there were also examples of women from the Hispanic and Asian communities.

No comments:

Post a Comment