But I decided that today it's okay to be positive and see the good in people and a world that can break your heart.
Higher-The Naked and the Famous
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCsyXSr7u-Q
I'm going to take some more time to challenge myself and learn things.
I have been taking different fitness classes (and if you know me my athletic ability parallels that of Garfield) My family always teased me and said "if there was an Olympic medal given for taking the most naps in a single day you would win!" I've taken a bouncing class aka ''trampoline" class 3 consecutive Mondays (skipped the past two weeks)
I've taken dance classes (I'm literally the worst coordinated person in class)
My favorite class though is (it's a cardio class where you get to wear pink boxing gloves and execute different air punches and kicks) Think Self Defense but a workout too! I hadn't missed a class sometimes even going 2x a week but they changed the schedule and now I finally worked it out so that I can attend and stay consistent. I haven't lost any weight but I have more energy and I notice I'm in a better mood after classes. I don't even care if I suck and the teacher's face says ''This girl is hopeless" (J/k the instructors are all great if not skeptical that I'll return the following week, but I always show up!)I'm always reading. Semi strangers at the bus even observed I always have a book on me. Everything from historical non-fiction to psychology books/research studies, fantasy fiction, self help books, autobiographies. Everything. Reading makes me happy ever since I was a kid. I could spend hours in my room getting lost in a book. Looking up words I didn't know or far away places.
Right now I'm on my way to take a free trial French class. I took 6 years of Spanish (it was easy for me of course even though I'm not a native speaker) but I decided to challenge myself again and try something different to keep my mind sharp.
As I get older I'm less afraid and I'm more curious. I step outside of my box more and I believe anything is possible. Isn't it odd? Usually this can do attitude occurs when you're young and you lose it over time. I feel like I'm Benjamin Button and doing everything backwards!.. Au Revoir :)
Simple Things-Miguel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpxbYH22DNY
No comments:
Post a Comment