I've found a ton of inspiration from Oprah's SuperSoul Podcasts.
Dr. Maya Angelou, RuPaul, Janet Mock, Shonda Rhimes, India Arie, Elizabeth Gilbert, Salma Hayek.
Hearing these voices speak their truths and their lessons have been a blessing and re-affirmed for me that I feel content in my choices. To spend more time single than in relationships. To be childless. To listen to my own voice and desires instead of following the path others want for me. To have confidence in myself and seek joy inside myself instead of looking to external sources. To listen when your body and mind are giving you clues that you are "out of alignment".
Things I've heard on this podcast that I should continue to work on and develop?
1. DREAM big. and start today. Start small.
I've always wanted to travel more, the only thing holding me back is debt. and lack of funds. Not time. Not family. Not work. Also. the fear of traveling alone.So I'm going to start small. put money in a "coffee can" as Liz Gilbert said.
2. LIVE out LOUD. I've been a wallflower for a long time, afraid to speak out and show myself. I put myself in situations to blend into the background and not call attention to myself. I guess that's why I'd like to be writer. To share my voice in a way that's hidden and still allows me to be heard. But I should share and "participate" more. I AM WORTHY. I HAVE THINGS TO TEACH AND SHARE. Dr. Maya Angelou said: "Your crown has been bought and paid for by the women before you"
One of the questions that is frequently asked is: "What would you tell your "younger" self?
I was looking through a photo album yesterday pictures of myself and my family through the years. and I the pattern I see is: "this girl is sad, this girl is angry. This girl is obviously depressed. Why did nobody help her?"
I would tell myself that being angry for so long is a waste of time. Defending yourself is unnecessary. I would say have faith that things will get better. You won't always feel this way. You can be happy despite your environment. YOU are capable of GREAT things. You just have to TRY! But don't try so hard that you get in your own way. It's okay to surrender control. You are guided. You don't have to be afraid to rely on something greater than yourself. You won't fall and be unable to recover. Don't FIGHT so hard.
I was always afraid of failing. Afraid of making a mistake that affected the rest of my life and LIMITED my choices. My perfectionism always made me steerbclear of anything I "wasn't good" at.But its true when they say your greatest lessons include some kind of struggle. Your character is built on how you respond when things are difficult not the easy But life is also meant to be lived happily. You don't have to be in the "struggle" all the time.
But the new struggle is, to allow myself to stand out naturally. To let my authenticity shine without trying to "prove" anything. To allow myself to receive the light and positivity of others while also sharing it in the same way.
Also to take responsibility for my happiness and RELEASE my pain and RECEIVE LOVE and LIGHT. To release the Physical manifestations of holding on to what no longer serves me anymore. To voice my gratitude when things are good and to question my practices when pain arises. To ASK: HOW CAN I HELP?
No comments:
Post a Comment