This year I sent my Grandma a bouquet of white and green flowers *courtesy of Bouqs.com* for St. Paddy's day. (She's 100% Irish.)
So I call her on the phone and she answers in an abrupt: I GOT MY COAT ON & I'M GOING TO THE STORE!"
Aren’t grandparents supposed to be EXCITED when
their grandkids call? Actually she’d
probably be more excited if I were a telemarketer trying to sell her a
LifeAlert because she has been meaning to buy one of those!
Or better yet, Win
a date with her man Benedict Cumberbatch!
Me: "OKAY, I just wanted to tell you to check your front porch"
Gram *opens the front door, sees package, unwraps it* GEE That's so sweet of you! Aww how nice! Thank you! *raises her voice* I can't arrange it until later! I gotta get going or I'll never leave!
Me: You're welcome. Happy St. Paddy's day.
Gram (YELLS) "TOMORROW'S ST. PATRICK'S DAY AND YOU ARE IRISH YA KNOW SO MAKE SURE YOU WEAR GREEN TOMORROW. ((facepalm))
My grandma is hilarious and moments like these are EXACTLY Why I Love her!! :)
Easily one of the most entertaining things I've seen on the Internet this week: Jeff Goldblum reading Thirsty Tweets:
https://www.facebook.com/BuzzFeed/videos/609619256038591/?hc_ref=ARS4d0AUfIaoF0z7RFg3K52hBhHy6_0XlqzRTtfP8wmHXluTbBaW-cftfMYu9oG896I&pnref=story
*Highlights*: Tweet: "I would let Jeff Goldblum re-arrange my guts any day, that man exudes SEXY AND EXPENSIVE" Jeff responds that he's never been compensated for such activity and he'd be remiss if he did not mention that. LOL
Tweet: "Jeff Goldblum always looks like he'd listen deeply to your sorrows and let you have his most expensive bottle of wine to make you feel better"
*Jeff: acts like he's listening attentively*
Now for a "real life" Rosie story. I was recently matched with a guy on an internet dating site. We've had 2 conversations via the chat room. we talked about our jobs, brunch, his dog, favorite spots in the city, mentioned music and working out.
Despite all of these topics which topic of conversation sticks?? WORKING OUT! working out is something you do so that you can eat alll of the things and not have a coronary. It's Chicago after all.. home of "saaausage" Chicago dog NO KETCHUP ect. and bacon on donuts ect. Working out should not be your main source of fun and enjoyment. Even if you're a trainer, this is part of your JOB!
Let me digress for a moment, Speaking of Chicago and food! A girlfriend of mine is new to Chicago and asked me where were some good spots to go for Easter Brunch.
*I love brunch but I do not have a brunch crowd* I have a wish-list of places I'd like to go for brunch when a crowd is miraculously formed without any effort on my part whatsoever. including funds that have been heretofore an expenditure that has somehow not been allocated in my budget.*
That being said I list a few places from my wish-list that I have not actually been to but read reviews on, have conferred with others, including *internet guy* and have been to for other meals that are not brunch. Which I was semi-confident in.
But don't you feel anxiety on some level making any recommendations to people or giving them the names of your favorite spots for fear they tell everyone and then you can't get a table anymore? Or what if they get food poisoning or hate it and then they blame you and think you have the worst taste in restaurants? No?! Just me?
Anyway, the guy mentions he likes jogging/running and was impressed with the variety of fitness classes I take and he should look into more options at his gym besides running.
Dude, I mentioned the Pitchfork lineup was announced and it was the most exciting part of my day and you STILL go with the working out line of conversation? and you haven't yet bothered to ask what I'm doing on what is possibly one of the biggest seasons of the year in Chicago?! (NOT that i'm doing anything because EW. CROWDS!) still PASS!!!
*waits for Jeff Goldblum to arrive on my doorstep with an expensive bottle of wine for another 5-7 years*







No comments:
Post a Comment