Jude & Norah Forever
I decided to watch “My Blueberry Nights” which if you’re not
familiar is actually NOT a porno based on Violet from Willy Wonka & the
Chocolate Factory but a drama/rom/com with Norah Jones and Jude Law. My cousin
tells me I look like Norah
and so I figure I can try to manifest *Jude Law*.
Not him specifically, but someone with a British accent who
is kind and a good listener with a “broken” heart. Razor sharp jaw line is a plus but not a
requirement
So, I “unsnoozed” my Bumble account and start swiping.
Whenever re-activate my online dating profile, I start off
feeling optimistic. "YEAH. I’ll find a nice guy, it will be easy!" I have
relatively low standards:
Give me a cup of coffee and a solid opening line with a book
you’re reading that’s not a comic book featuring a super hero or Star Wars
character and *swoon* I’m yours.
2 minutes later I get an alert... “Jay” has extended his
time to chat with you *which had expired* LUCKY YOU! I type” Hi Jay, what
brings you to Chicago?”.... a few hours pass I go to bed. *Wake up*
There is a message
from Jay at 1:00am on Tuesday:
“Hi Rosie, I’m actually leaving tomorrow, but feel free to
come by my Airbnb I have the whole place to myself tonight.”
I think to myself. “Whoa, that’ sounds very creep-tastic ” (and the best way to get an STD.)
Also, I am not awake at 1AM on ANY day let alone a Tuesday
night/morning
*considers typing “No thank you” because Americans are just
as polite as the Brits?!*
Decide against it and just “UNMATCH”
The REAL JUDE LAW would not approve! (But then I remember he had an affair with
his nanny and I’m not sure if he would or not.
Illusions shattered.) At least There’s Tom Hardy?!
He’s plays an superhero
right? *googles Tom Hardy*…. Finds out about drug use and other scandalous behavior in his youth and *inserts Optimism
because nobody is perfect*
He has a past… but at least he’s turned his life around, and
there are videos of him reading children’s stories and playing with puppies! He’s
a friend to all creatures with a good heart, and an accent! I think that covers
everything I need. Proves my point, Fantasies are just as disappointing as the reality of online dating.
Until the next episode...






Interesting and wise :)
ReplyDelete